What To Expect
All class times are for beginners. You are led by instructions word by word with simple, direct vocabulary through the entire 90 minute long class. We encourage you to be patient with your practice. At about 4-6 classes, you will begin to understand the process and feel your potential, the heat will no longer be a shock, and in short time you begin acclimating to the environment. Be prepared to work hard and sweat. Designed to challenge both the beginner and advanced student, each class follows the exact same science-based sequence making it safe and easy to follow instructions. We welcome students age 10 and up. Expect to feel amazing, cleansed, relaxed, with an empowered feeling of accomplishment.
New Students arrive minimum 15 minutes early
- Door opens 30 minutes before class time
- We will ask you fill out our registration form
- Please don’t eat a full meal minimum 2 hours before class. (If a special condition prevents this, eat easily digestible foods, i.e. fruit or yogurt one hour before class)
- Drink plenty of water hours before class. Dizziness, nausea, headaches, stiffness, are all signs of dehydration.
- Please no perfume, cologne or heavily-scented lotions in class. Did you know…one in five people have negative reactions to scented products?
What You Need
- Light clothing, women wear leotard or shorts and top. Men shorts or swim trunk.
- 1 bath size towel
- Bottled water
- Yoga mat (Mats and towels are available for rental and bottled water for sale)
- Classes start and end on time. Please be on your mat with everything you need two minutes prior to the teacher entering the room.
- Stay until the end of class. It is important for your health and the energy of the group. Honor the silence of the room, especially during savasana.
- Please no talking. We don’t care if you moan, cry or scream – just make sure your giving 110% of yourself.
- Follow along with the teacher. Try your best in each posture. If you think you can’t do a posture, sit it out. Please reserve additional postures or postures from other disciplines until after final savasana. We are happy to help you modify any challenging postures. We do not, however, use props in the Bikram Method.
- Come to class sober. Please do not attend class after using any recreational drugs or alcohol.
- Leave no trace. Please deposit trash, recycling, mats and towels in their proper place. Showers are available, take home your clothes, water bottles and equipment.
- It’s important for you to drink plenty of water to restore minerals. After you’ve practiced for a while, the body grows accustomed to the process but especially at first, hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.
- The most important advice we can give you is to come back for another class as soon as possible. Remember, even if you had a hard time you are still getting benefits.
- Ask questions. Our instructors are eager to help you improve and feel good.
WARNING: Side effects may include: unbounded clarity, limitless intelligence, peace of mind, surges of energy, self confidence, baggy pants, and happiness